Saturday, January 12, 2013

The BEST of 2012!


As 2013 just began, I thought I would do a recap of some of my favorite products and things from 2012.

BEAUTY
1. Face product
I'd have to say the VitaZing moisturizer from Origins. It's an overall great product that moisturizes really well, has SPF 15 to protect your skin and also has a tiny bit of color which makes your skin look really healthy and glowing. 


2. Cheek product
I am not really big on blush on an everyday basis, but my favorite for special occasions and stuff like that has to be the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. They have amazing pigmentation and lasts all day. I have the colors Blissful and Exposed and if i had to pick, I would probably say that exposed is my favorite even though I love them both. I also really love and regularly use the NARS Laguna bronzer which is really fantastic. It might qualify as a face- and not a cheek product though, I'm not really sure. 




From left to right: Exposed, Blissful and Laguna

3. Eye product
The one that I have used and loved the most has to be the They're Real mascara from Benefit. I don't know what else to say other than that it makes my lashes look really great. I got that one when I was in NYC this summer and before that I was using the Maybelline One by one mascara which is also really good. 
The Urban Decay Naked palette is pretty much the only eye shadows I've been using this year. It is so versatile and also great to travel with. 


4. Lip Product
When I think back there are two lip products that sticks out from this past year; Clinique almost lipstick in Black Honey and Dior Addict Lip Glow color reviver balm. They're amazing both for everyday use and for a special occasion. 


5. Skincare Product
I have to admit that I am quite bad when it comes to skincare. I go through fazes where I am really taking care of my skin, but then sometimes I am just too lazy to care to much about it. One thing that I was especially enjoying this summer was the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit oil-free cleanser. It spells so good and also cleanses my skin really well.


6. Nail Polish
For the entire year I would have to say Essie's Ballet Slippers. I always come back to that color when I don't know what to paint my nails. I also really like Essie's Bahama Mama, Cute as a button and Thigh high.
From left to right: Ballet slippers, Thigh high, Cute as a button, Bahama mama

7. Hair product
Probably the Oil miracle hair therapy finishing treatment from Schwartskopf. My hair is really dry and frizzy, but this oil has been helping out a lot.


8. Body product/Perfume
The perfume I've been using regularly for probably the last two years is the DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom. I use a couple of other perfumes now and then, but that's the one I always come back to. I really want to get the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle perfume, so that's on my wishlist for 2013. 


FASHION
9. Clothing piece 
How are you supposed to pick only one of a few clothing pieces from an entire year? From what I've worn most over the year it's probably my AE sweater, Forever 21 blouse and A&F dark washed jeggings. 



10. Accessory 
My pearl earrings. I wear them pretty much every day and I love them. And also my necklace from my boyfriend  and my new glasses that my dad got for me earlier this fall.


11. Pair of shoes
My Abercrombie & FItch flip flops. I've had them for a couple of years now and they are kind of starting to wear a little bit, but i still love them a lot. I also love my black ballet flats which goes with pretty much any outfit.





RANDOM
12. Favorite TV Show/Movie
I have way too many favorite TV shows. I love The vampire diaries, Pretty little liars, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, and the list goes on... But some new shows that I've started watching this year and really have been enjoying a lot are Game of Thrones, How I met your mother (I know I'm late on that one) and Modern Family. I really like Game of Thrones and have also read a couple of the books in the series, and How I met your mother and Modern family are just two very funny and enjoyable shows to watch. 
Favorite movie... Choosing from movies that came out this year, I really liked The Hunger Games, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Breaking Dawn Part 2. I also saw Life of Pi recently and I loved one that as well.

13. Favorite book
I haven't actually read that many books this year, but I really enjoyed reading A Game of Thrones and A Storm of Swords from the series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin. They are kind of heavy books that takes some time to get into, but once you do you really get sucked into another world and they are just really good books. 
Another book I loved in 2012 was Divergent by Veronica Roth. It's the first book in a dystopian young adults book trio. In the book, people are divided into factions depending on which of five different values is the most important to you. You are born into the faction your parents are in, but when you reach a certain age you have to take a test to see where you best fit in, and after that you can choose which faction you want to be in for the rest of your life. The main character in the book has some unusual test results, and the book follows her through dealing with that, love and a society that might not work as well as it seems.  


14. Food
Sushi and fresh fruit like strawberries and pineapple. I could eat that any day!




15. Beverage
Kind of boring, but I have to say water. I've been drinking a lot of water recently, and it is pretty much the only thing I ever drink. I like drinking it and it is also really good for you, so that's always a bonus. 




16. Favorite song
Again, that is just not possible... But here is a list of some of the songs that I have been listening to a lot:

Science and Faith - The script
Drive By - Train
Hey Soul Sister - Train
We Are Young ft. Janelle MonĂ¡e - Fun
Without you feat. Usher - David Guetta
Stereo Hearts ft. Adam Levine - Gym Class Heroes
Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga
Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift
Red - Taylor Swift
So Good - B.o.B
Summer Paradise ft. Sean Paul - Simple Plan
One More Night (Youtube Collab) - Alex Goot
Crash and Burn - Lifehouse
A Team - Ed Sheeran


17 comments:

  1. Lovely post :) I love the Maybeline mascara too, and the neutrogena face wash!! xx

    http://www.lifeasizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Yeah, I really like them! xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try a Tarte blush but they are impossible to get hold of where I live! Love this post, some great picks here x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get a hold of them where I live either, but I had heard so many good things about them so I picked some up when I was in NYC this summer. I think amazon might sell them too, but I don't know how much shipping and everything would be..
      Thank you! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. You're the first person I've seen that's also tried the Origins VitaZing moisturiser! I really like it too, also I love your necklace :)
    I'm also a fan of quite of a few of the songs you wrote, lovely post :)

    Emily x - prettypleaseprettyplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that moisturizer so much! Thank you so much for your really nice comment! :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try this moisturiser from Origins!Great post!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should, it's really good :)

      Siri xx

      Delete
  5. I love vampire diaries.. it's too good...

    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right?! I love that show and I'm so excited for it to start up again this week!

      xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! When I visit America, I definitely need to pick up some Tarte blushes. x

    Tanya from Cats and Clothing
    P.S. Please check out my first giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! :) You should, they're really good! I'm heading over to your site right now ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey i love the post ! where can you get the tarte clay blushes from?
    xx

    sirislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) You can get the Tarte blushes from Sephora and the Tarte website (tartecosmetics.com). If you don't have access to any of those places you can get it on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Tarte-Amazonian-12-Hour-Blush-Exposed/dp/B004IT54DM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359135727&sr=8-1&keywords=tarte+amazonian+clay . Hope this helps! :)

      XX, Siri

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love the DKNY perfume, but I use the green one! And I want to read divergent so bad!! Your blog's really cool, I subscribe! Check out mine: http://www.saratalks22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for subscribing! :) You should read Divergent, it's such a good book! I love it! Checing out your site now:) xx

      Delete