Saturday, August 30, 2014

Book Review: The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman


Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the book The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman. I bought is while I was in DC, and finished it on the plane ride home. It is definitely an easy read. Really easy going and just overall really enjoyable.

The book is about a woman called Brett who has been really close with her mother her entire life. In the beginning of the book her mother dies, and while her brothers get their inheritance right away, Brett has to complete a list before she can get her share. The list she has to complete is a "life list" she wrote herself when she was 14. It includes stuff like fall in love, have a baby, buy a horse, become a teacher etc. She has no complete 10 things in total, some of which seem completely impossible. To finish the list she has to make some pretty drastic changes in her life, and the book follows her through these changes.

I completely loved the book. I thought the idea of the story was really creative and so fascinating, and I thoroughly enjoyed following Brett's journey. It is gripping, heart warming and a little bit eye opening. It kind of has an overall message that tells you to do the things you actually enjoy and take risks to get what you really want in life. It also has a romance part to it, a friendship part, a finding yourself part, and is just a really wonderful book.
It is, as I mentioned, not the deepest and heaviest book to read, but I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is more suited towards girls than boys, though.

That's really all I have to say about The Life List. I loved it and highly recommend it. If you want to read the "official" description of the book, check out my previous blog post here!

Have you read this book? Or have you read any other good books recently that I should read?

No comments:

Post a Comment